Saturday, September 12, 2009

The interwebz

Now the internet is amazing... access to tons of information at my fingertips... and well google simplifies it all. Since I've gotten my G1 cell phone I have been living in the cloud, I update my calendar, contacts, documents, and pictures all there, I have not gotten to the point of paying for it yet (already at 50% with picasa and I have not been uploading full resolution pictures either). Lately I have not been trying to simplify everything as you will notice the friendFeed embedded to the right. With this there will be redundancy and this post will show up there, but I feel that's not a big deal. I actually titled this the interwebz, because well that's what I am doing creating this web of my crap essentially. In a perfect world everyone would use all the stuff I use and just be happy with it. It would be great if all my friends used google calendar, but they don't. So I add applications to facebook for my picasa and google calendar, to make my life easier, yet they still don't seem to check it ... and that sort of defeats the purpose now doesn't it? I could always make my friendFeed update my facebook status as well, but from what I people hate that, and I don't need to broadcast to everyone, whenever I play a game (because my raptR now updates friendFeed) I have considered the ping.fm route, which can be good for a variety of things, but I don't necessarily like the way that works, and some people find it impersonal.

My wish list (since not everyone will use everything) would be that there will be more and more intergration with everything on the web, and Facebook connect is an excellent start. so to stay in contact with me is pretty easy, because I try to use everything I hate AIM, but raptr has it integrated so why not. Well the internet is calling me and I need to ruin my attention span some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment